Friday, July 15, 2016

David Beakel

David Beakel
My Father, Walter Beakel, spent a lifetime in show business in Chicago then New York then Los Angeles. Was a Founder of Second City. Lee Strasberg credited him as the one who taught the Actor's Studio how to properly do Shakespeare. Started the careers of Harrison Ford and Rob Reiner and casting director Jane Jenkins and innumerable others, instrumental in careers of George Segal, Ralph Waite, Dean Stockwell, Geraldine Paige, Iris Rainer Dart (author of Beaches w Bette Midler) and many, many others. Originally a director and acting coach he later became an agent in Hollywood for William Morris then independently. Was a wonderful father and my best friend always thru thick and thin, said he quit alcohol and lived another ten years because of my influence and urgings. Celebrated his life at memorial in 2004, the year in which he passed with Ted Flicker and myself at his side in Santa Fe NM, at the Actor's Studio in LA. I never had any desire to act in my childhood but instead would write lengthy stories and hike in nature. Went on to study biology and physics and everything else in arts in sciences in 12 years of undergraduate college. Wrote 2000 typed pages of memoirs of my college years and graduated top of my class in the sciences. Wrote a lot of other material but my ultimate opp came along in New Mexico before moving to California when I welcomed these two transient girls into my life who were drug addicts. One was a boulevard prostitute. It is the subject of my book Baby Girls which is about 230 pages long. It has a good moral message that people on the streets are people too and sometimes better friends than those who are well to do. But it is full of non-stop action and hair raising adventures, a very entertaining read as everyone whose read any will attest to, no actual violence like in Breaking Bad, and very hopeful about economic and race relations, which also just happen to be the two biggest issues facing our species as a whole, and therefore a very optimistic and entirely true book very pertinent to the future of humanity. Upon moving back to California from New Mexico where my parents retired in 1990, moving back finally in 2011 with a UHaul to storage, I continued my drifter lifestyle and more wild adventures with many souls in California that first year, subject of another highly entertaining book draft I have, Back to Cali Chronicles. I met in Nov that year my dearest and nearest family, marriage may be possibility though we are like brother and sister, Kristi Mahe a stunning deaf actress and model from Canada. Our voluminous and rollercoaster but most of all very heartfelt emailsand texts all of which I've preserved could well be material for another book and numerous short stories. Finally I have a book mostly completed and typed of one page poems I've written for the many people I've met in LA, many quite accomplished themselves already, many up and coming, and some simply happy where they are, tho all of whom have told me they were deeply moved by what I wrote for them, the collection titled First Impressions. I would like to hold out until I'm sure I have the best possible agent and publisher to best represent and help me to promote my work, that is my principal life goal. Finally I have been performing improvisation at LA Connection for over a year now, one of three top improve groups in SoCal consistently rated. And would be happy to get into acting now, even if it wasn't what appealed to me as a child. I also have an astounding collection of nature photography from over 2000 summit ascents and journeys in nature across western North America, having always been an avid mountaineer and naturalist. And there's much more to me. And I want to help my beloved sistabird Kristi in every way I can to get her the best roles on Television and in movies for deaf actress model who is a complete knock out. I am very thankful so far, and seeking the best agent and publisher, because I know this book Baby Girls, as well as the others, have legs and could truly go the distance and give hope to humanity.
Podcast of the interview Download:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Ads by Smowtion

Tracking Code