Sunday, June 21, 2015

defytolerance

defytolerance


About Us Freddy Kilo - Lead vocals, guitars Brian Miller - Guitars, vocals Donny Rosko - Bass, vocals Garin Wolfe - Drums, percussion It's not often you find a band that ties aggression and melody in the same fashion as Defy Tolerance do. Raised on a healthy diet of Alter Bridge, Godsmack, Dream Theater and Sevendust the Phoenix based quartet has that "it factor" that you don't seem to find much these days. From their dynamic and lethal live show through to the band's hard hitting debut album, Stop The Bleeding, Defy Tolerance is well on their way to making a name for themselves. Formed in 2011 when frontman Freddy Kilo met bassist Donny Rosko in, of all places, a bathroom after a gig Donny played. The two of them got together, shared some musical ideas and wrote a few songs. When they saw that they meshed well they took an ad out to find a drummer. After meeting drummer after drummer and getting nowhere, Garin Wolfe walked in the door and it was just meant to be. "Some of the guys we auditioned didn't even bother to learn the songs!" reflects Rosko. "Garin showed up prepared and just nailed it." The trio started playing shows in Feb of 2012 and during this time they recorded Stop The Bleeding. "In the studio we were writing and recording a lot of secondary guitar parts," says Donny. "We all agreed to add a 2nd guitarist and the search was on. After a few not-so-great auditions, Garin suggested Brian Miller, who worked with him at the time. The dude shreds. We thought he would be a good fit and bring something new to our stage show. We had a month of practice and he debuted when we opened for Smile Empty Soul." Produced by House of Lords and Fifth Angel drummer, Ken Mary, the ten song affair was recorded at SonicPhish Studios in Phoenix, AZ and mastered by Tony Glassner at Spectre Mastering. "I met Ken in 2011 through a co-worker who played in a band with him many years ago called 3 Degrees West," says singer Freddy Kilo. "I didn't have a band at the time, but I wanted Ken to record a few songs I had written. Later, when it came time for Defy Tolerance to record, I called Ken, we met up, went over the music and went into the studio to record. It was all pretty simple, actually." Opening with the storming "Ball and Chain," a song about being distracted and held back from real life and new opportunities,(ie trying to break free from a personal ball and chain) through to "Live For Today," which, says Freddy Kilo, "was written during the first time I was in the studio recording the first three songs of the album. My family had been out of town for three weeks and I really had time to reflect on where my life was going and what was really important to me. This song has a much deeper meaning to me than any other song I've written. Although I didn't intend for it to be a Defy Tolerance song, it seems that fate had other plans for it." Adam Petry, a very good friend of Freddy's, co-wrote "Empty Bottle." The lyrics explain the passing of his father due to a freak accident involving alcohol. "This song is special to me due to the fact that I wrote the music for it back in 2003," recalls Kilo. "I always knew that song (music) had potential, I just never thought it would have turned out as powerfully as it did. The funny thing is, when I first wrote the music, I intended for the verse to be the chorus, and vice versa." Then, "Until I'm Done" was written on the road from Phoenix to Telluride, Colorado. I would be lying if I said it doesn't have anything to do with snowboarding and shots of liquid cocaine, although shots of Patron would be more accurate," recounts the singer. "This song describes the "once in a lifetime" moment I had, where I was the slum dog brought into royalty for a few days, then thrown back into reality with only an unbelievable story to tell. Google search "Castlewood Telluride" to understand what I mean." There's much more to Defy Tolerance than meets the eye. They're just beginning to scratch the surface - wait until they find the depth that lies underneath.SITE: Site


Podcast of the interview Download:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Ads by Smowtion

Tracking Code