Monday, July 22, 2013

New BOOK

David McCabe


TOPIC-Bk:Toward a More Perfect Union.



As a Professor and a School Board Trustee, students are at the core of every decision I make and every lecture I give. Topics regarding diversity, equity and student success are also equally central to my approach in the classroom and the boardroom. As an author, issues concerning social justice often keep me up at night and serve as my muse. To better support current teachers and to best prepare future teachers for increasingly diverse settings, I help them explore the multiple ways that technology, learning styles, race, class, gender and sexual identity influence their work and shape the experiences of students in the classroom. I am a school board trustee because I wish to give back to the community that helped shape me into who I am. I teach because of the profound influence that teachers have had on my own life and I would like to return the favor. Also, I have discovered that I am a happier and a more centered person when I am working with my students.

Date Recorded: 10/5/2012
SITE: Site


Podcast of the interview Download:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Ads by Smowtion

Tracking Code