Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Barbara Sternig

Barbara Sternig

My first book is entitled: "SECRETS OF A TABLOID REPORTER....MY 20 YEARS ON THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER'S HOLLYWOOD BEAT". In it, I answer once and for all, the two most-asked questions I have gotten since the very first day I joined the Enquirer. #1) IS ANY OF THAT STUFF TRUE? #2) HOW DO YOU GET THAT STUFF? As Senior Hollywood Reporter with the Enquirer for two non-stop and often hilarious decades, I was in the middle of a LOT of Hollywood stuff, and this book spills the beans, detailing some of my more outrageous adventures in pursuit of the biggest blockbuster stories about the biggest celebrities in Hollywood. On reflection, hands down, the most memorable celebrity I covered during those crazy years was Frank Sinatra. And I covered him a lot. As a greenhorn Enquirer reporter, I infiltrated his inner circle of assorted bodyguards, maties and thugs, finally getting right next to ol' Blue Eyes himself. And neither henchmen nor their legendary boss ever knew I was a reporter. That was pretty amazing, is just one revealing chapter in my book. "SECRETS OF A TABLOID REPORTER" is on Amazon. My new book, just out, is completely different! But equally absorbing! It's the baby boomer's delight....called: "ON CHESTNUT STREET...A 1940s CHILDHOOD IN WORDS AND PICTURES." This is a book whose time has totally come! Interest is high in the 1940s. And nostalgia about the era is deep. America's boomers are of a certain age and getting nostalgic, remembering their youthful world. This book, about a large and NOT dysfunctional family in the midwest of America, brings the 1940s back into view, back into focus. And in actual focus in these pages are more than 200 vintage photographs taken, developed, and printed in dazzling black & white in that era by the author's own talented (late) father. Through my words with the fantastic help of Dad's pix, I've captured the essence of life in that time, of being a kid, of being alive in a now-vanished America, of the War, the cars, the clothes, the folks, and how it really and truly was in THAT America. It's the story of one American family...and of every American family of that time. . PLEASE GO VISIT THE BOOK'S WEBSITE for all the details and even read an excerpt: http://onchestnutstreet.com Website's very easy to navigate and will give you the idea!! This is the only source for purchase as well! Again...... http://onchestnutstreet.com Podcast of the interview Download:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Ads by Smowtion

Tracking Code