Monday, April 27, 2015

Adam Reinwald, baritone

Adam Reinwald, baritone


TOPIC-
McPherson Opera House

Artistic Council – Programming 16th season with Cantus Hometown: Eugene, OR Education: BM Vocal Music Education, St. Olaf College Baritone Adam Reinwald started singing in the Oregon Children’s Choir Association in the 3rd grade and spent a total of 10 years with that organization. As a boy soprano, Adam sang the lead role in Amahl and the Night Visitors with the Seattle Opera. At St. Olaf College, he sang in the St. Olaf Choir for three years. Adam has performed as soloist with the Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra and the University of Oregon Symphony Orchestra, and as choral soloist with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra and the Oregon Bach Festival. Adam maintains an active voice studio in the Twin Cities, focusing on developing high school voices. While classical music has been the basis of Adam’s professional experience, a love of popular music–jazz, funk, blues, barbershop, bluegrass, modern rock–continues to sustain his musical interests. An avid sports fan, Adam will occasionally break dress code and don a University of Oregon Ducks football jersey on Saturdays in the fall in order to help his favorite team win. In fact, Adam is the only individual in the world with his own fight song, “Mighty Reinwald.” 10 Questions for Adam: 1. What is your best musical memory from childhood? One of my most striking memories, and one of the earliest, is being in some sort of classroom during summer sports camp, maybe 5 years old. The door to the outside was wide open since it was such a nice day and we were stretching and moving like 5 year olds, all to Michael Jackson’s “Human Nature”. Great song. Every time I hear the song now, I can picture that community room and the summer breeze vividly. 2. If you had a super power, what would it be? I’ve thought quite a bit about this: I would like Super Speed. I hate the time wasted in transit…I’m too anxious to get where I’m going. Not flight, because that’s too involved. Just Super Speed on the ground. 3. What is your super power at a Cantus rehearsal? I think that I always try to keep us pointed toward a goal and moving forward with our art. I guess that makes me Never Satisfied Man. Occasionally, I am also So-Crazy-It-Just-Might-Work Idea Guy. 4. What are you looking forward to in the coming season? I’m looking forward to the trip to Washington D.C. for the Kennedy Center performance of All Is Calm in the winter. I’m also looking forward to presenting a program of music Czech music we recently recorded…I very much enjoyed recording those pieces by Dvořák and Janáček. 5. Cereal at dinner: yes or no? If yes, pure or mixed? NO. If you’re going to have breakfast for dinner, the only acceptable answers would be an omelet or waffles. 6. Do you own any albums that would surprise people? I’m pretty sure that most people would not be surprised by anything in my CD collection, except for maybe my small but delightful collection of ragtime piano recordings. 7. Do you have a movie you can watch over and over again? Yes, the movie Clue, starring Tim Curry and everyone else from the 80s. I’m up to 90+ viewings…it’s a long story. 8. Where in the world would you like to go that you haven’t been? I’d love to visit Copenhagen, Barcelona, Rome, Verona, Istanbul, Jakarta, Tokyo, Zurich, Bali/Java, and Johannesburg. But above all, I want to live in Uruguay. Guess I have to visit first. 9. What’s your greatest fear? That the world will one day run out of barbecue sauce. 10. Can you describe your perfect day? Hard to describe a perfect day, but I can mention what I would eat throughout my perfect day: it would include a hearty challah bread French toast breakfast at Studio One Café in Eugene, OR; a full rack of ribs at Charlie Vergos’ Rendezvous in Memphis for lunch; a lite snack of fried walleye “shore lunch” in Birchdale, MN; and my dad’s pulled pork and “10th Revision” barbecue sauce for one very full dinner. Do you see a trend?
Date Recorded: 10/8/2013
SITE: Site


Podcast of the interview Download:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Ads by Smowtion

Tracking Code