Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Jo Anne Lordal


About Jo Ann
Portrait of Jo Ann
Here is my professional face. Celestial Arts, a publisher, made me a lot of copies of it, so this picture is the one I use and hand out at most opportunities!
This Indian-braid girl was a long ago young woman growing up in Alabama. That farm background is a valued stabilizing influence and taught me early lessons about independence and equality.
Portrait of the artist as a young woman
Jo Ann in the Caribbean
This is a working vacation trip to Santo Domingo and Haiti. An ordinary routine helps me write; traveling opens my mind and heart and helps me live. I love to travel and will go out of my way to accept speaking, workshops, writing conferences and seminar invitations.
We all had a wonderful time at this library-sponsored book-fair in Jacksonville (speaking before the Friends of the Library groups is a favorite activity). My workshop on women, money and spirituality was heavily attended and the party that night was at a lovely house on the St John's river.
Jo Ann at a book fair
Jo Ann teaching a computer workshop
At a workshop, Computer Magic, at the national convention of Pen (National League of American Pen Women) in Tampa in 1998, I'm demonstrating my laptop computer, small traveling printer and how I can dial locally and receive and send my email from anywhere.
What a thrill to meet Gaylord Nelson and his charming wife in their old home town of Clear Lake, Wisconsin. I edited a book that summer in Stillwater and Clear Lake and even wrote some poetry.Jo Ann with Gaylord Nelson
Jo Ann with George Burns
This picture fools most people! At the ABA (American Booksellers Association) a few years ago, a dummy, but still jaunty, George Burns posed with a lot of independent booksellers and a few lucky writers.
This recent beach picture shows favorite activities of birds and sunset watching. Kaua‘i is wonderful!
On the Beach!
Credentials & Travel
Ph.D. Florida State University. Study at the Academy of American Poets in Manhattan, with Janet Burroway at FSU & Donald Justice at U of F. Art fellowships at the Atlantic Center for the Arts (Allen Ginsberg) 1984; Dorland Mountain Arts Colony, Tumecula, CA, 1986, 1992, 1995; Florida Studio Theatre, Sarasota, FL 1988 & Ucross in Wyoming 1994.

Travel includes most of the US, 2 years in Canada, 6 months in London, 4 months in Argentina and trips to Mexico, South America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and the Caribbean including Cuba, Haiti and Santo Domingo. Have visited all the main Hawaiian islands: Big Island, O'ahu, Moloka'i, Lana'i, lived on Maui for three years and now live on Kaua'i.



Date Recorded: 8/6/2012
SITE: Site


Podcast of the interview Download:
 




PURCHASE THE BOOK NOW BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Ads by Smowtion

Tracking Code